Thursday, June 22, 2006

Dark Haired Woman - Watercolor Study

This is another small study I did yesterday on sketch paper. I call these studies because they are for me learning experiences - I am working on the painting techniques for figures and features. They are also fun to do - no pressure just a quick rough in sketch and paint. These studies are worth keeping - maybe for future reference for a larger painting or just as small individual paintings that stand on their own. Who knows, maybe in 100 years these will be worth a fortune!

I have a new favorite painter - my favorites change a lot - anyway, his name is Malcolm Liepke and his work is just amazing. He has me rethinking my idea to go abstract with my figures!

1 comment:

Hattermad said...

If you do not mind, what color palette are you using for your skin tones?