Monday, May 31, 2010

PA Studio Set Up


So yesterday I finally set up the side porch in PA so I can do some painting. The light is not great but it is a nice little space to work. My plan for the summer is to paint a Deibenkorn type of series based on the area - the lake, woods and just the feeling of the beautiful country here in NE Pennsylvania. I can't wait to translate my feelings about this place into abstract art. It is very green here from the trees and woods, lots of blue from the lakes and sky and then we have all the amazing rocks - grey and earth toned. I started a small canvas today - just a quick start but I like how it is progressing. I want to spend more time painting these paintings - more thoughtful work, more sophisticated color and good design. I sure hope I am up for this challenge.

No comments: