Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Abstract on Canvas

This is the second painting I did at the Monday night art group. This painting is 24X30 on canvas. It is unusual colors for me - I hardly ever use purple and green and together unheard of! I am painting very well lately I hope this trend lasts. I am reading an article about Richard Diebenkorn it is very interesting - I love his work I would say he is one of my greatest influences these past 3 years or so. I find his work fascinating and could study it endlessly. I always find something new in his paintings.

5 comments:

nora chou said...

i'm a bit of an abstract painter myself. (i haven't painted in a while now) but i'm loving your use of coloured blocks!

nora

www.norachou.blogspot.com

gallerydarrow said...

WOW! You are good! My son and my father in law are both abstract painters. I really can't imagine doing it myself but so appreciate "good" paintings! You have a true gift Jean.

xo, Ro

lala said...

Thanks for your post and welcome to check: here
.

Matthew S. Kennedy said...

Cool Blog and very nice work BTW,

Hi, I just wanted to know if you would consider following my blog cuz I need some followers: http://tootallspottery.blogspot.com/ I talk about ceramics, tattoos, art, music, etc…
If you follow me I will put you in to win a FREE handmade necklace! My website is here: http://tootallspottery.com/

I would also be happy to do a story on your blog and put this on my blog/website as well, just let me know -
Thank you, Matt

personal loan said...

Great Canvas work as we find something new to the Picture.Creative and the innovative things could be seen in the picture with the purple colour combination.