Friday, October 08, 2010

Art Buddy


Flying Dog 24" x 36" mixed media © 201 0 Sheila Grabarsky

I can never stress how important it is to have art buddies. I am going to an opening tonight at the Noyes Museum with one of my favorite artist Sheila Grabarsky . Sheila is one of the best painters I know and she is such an inspiration for me. I got an e-mail from her the other day and she was writing about her painting session and she mentioned how great it was going but she knew if she didn't stop that she was probably not going to get to ride her bike, which was very important to her that day. This got me thinking of priorities - something that I am very lax about doing. I think it is wonderful that riding her bike was so important to her - that she was setting time aside to do something that was enjoyable and good for her health. I constantly complain about wasting time, having no time, feeling lousy, not getting anything done - could it be that I do not set priorities and at least TRY to meet them?


Fantasy Garden Series, #5 32" x 32" mixed media © 2010 Sheila Grabarsky

The two paintings in this post are both by Sheila - just a sample of how dynamic and exciting her work is. She is truly one of the most dedicated and professional artists I know and she is also quite successful. I am so looking forward to having dinner, talking art and seeing a great show at the Noyes Museum with my art buddy. Why don't you go take a look at Sheila's web site to see a lot more of her fantastic paintings - ABSTRACT EXPRESSIONIST PAINTINGS by SHEILA GRABARSKY .

1 comment:

Sheil said...

I don't have the words to thank you cuz I express myself better in color! Simply put, my dear artist friend: thanx!!