Sunday, November 14, 2010

Art Guide Book

I have not run away never to be seen or heard from again - not by a long shot. I am alive and well and working on art marketing - yea that's right me "marketing". As you know I love to paint but market not so much and that has got to change. I purchased this book "Starving" to Successful by Jason Horejs from Xanadu Gallery. I am slowly reading the book and highly recommend it. It is full of great advice about selling your art from a real honest to goodness gallery owner. I have learned so much already and am only half way through the book. I have already made a hard copy portfolio of my work and I am getting my painting inventory in order. Next I will be creating a mailing list and USING it. A few other things I want to get started is an e-newsletter, networking, entering more shows both physical and on-line, maybe an open house at my studio and doing some realistic gallery research. This book was just what I needed to get me moving in the right direction in my marketing efforts - which were nil up until this point. As they say, people are not going to come knocking on your door - you have to get your name and your work out there - so look out art world here comes Jean Hutter- Artist.

No comments: