Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sand Bar - Abstract Painting

I painted this abstract "Sand Bar" a few days ago. It is acrylic on canvas 36X36. I have mixed feelings about it - I wanted to paint a very hi-key painting but ended up adding quite a few dark areas to this one. I am not sure if it is spotty or not but it sure looks good hanging on the wall in my studio - so for now I will leave it be. I just wish I had some direction in my life right now. I am trying to sell one house and buy another - and nothing is happening - so I wait. I also have mixed feelings about my painting - as much as I tout my marketing efforts I wonder if it is worth it. Sometimes I think I should just quit painting, quit making jewelry and just veg out. Life sure would be simpler but would I be happy - I am not sure. During the summer when I am in PA I don't do much - I go to the beach, read, walk and just live - no pressure to paint or create anything - and I am happy there. Or maybe this is just an excuse not to market and approach Galleries - hmmmm. My painting has a lot to do with what type of house I need to buy - I need space to paint - I paint in acrylic on canvas and I paint a lot of canvases - I need room to paint and lots of room to store paintings. If this wasn't an option I could look at smaller, less expensive houses. I am like a dog chasing it's tail ; (

2 comments:

Eva Maria Keiser said...

Wonderful art...touching story!

stantheman said...

thank you for your blog, it help me with букмекеры and was interesting to read