Thursday, December 02, 2010

New Abstract

Actually I guess I should say reworked abstract - acrylic on canvas 36X36. This was a painting that was just not working - something about it bothered me, so yesterday I attacked it and the painting above is the result. I am much happier with it now. I felt the original was spotty and this new version holds together so much better - in person it is awesome - it is on the wall of my studio now and looking good. I am painting with some new color combinations - more neutral I guess and I like the results. I think this may be because of the winter and lack of color and the grey days. I love the quality of the light in the winter months and the lack of green - which is not one of my favorite colors to work with. Think I am going to paint today - I am inspired.

No comments: