Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Watercolor by Lucile Geiser

Not only do I paint but I own a lot of work by other artists. I have decided to post some photos of these paintings on my blog. This first one is a seascape by Lucile Geiser. Lucile was a very well known artist here at the NJ shore and in Naples Maine. When I first started painting I did realistic watercolors and studied with Lucile for a lot of years. I owe so much to Lucile - she gave me a great foundation in watercolor, composition, color and art theory. She was happy when I moved on to painting abstract and considered it a good move for me. This photo is not that great as the painting is framed under glass. Lucile was a prolific painter and to see her paint was inspiring - she was a wonderful teacher. I wish I owned more of her paintings!

3 comments:

Abraão Sousa said...

Olá Amigo!
quero convida-lo a dar uma passadinha no meu blog ,
e seguir, lá você vai encontrar textos bem interessantes que são postados toda semana,
se puder dá uma passadinha lá : http://avozdafenet.blogspot.com/ , desde já agradeço ,fique c/ Deus !
Para parceria e troca de banner adiciona meu msn: abraao_sousa_ap@hotmail.com

Ma part de la marque said...

Wedding Dresses
Bridesmaid Dresses
Prom Dresses
Quinceanera Dresses
Discount Wedding Dresses
Maggie Sottero Wedding Dresses
Pronovias Wedding Dresses
Bridal Dresses New
Bridal Veils
Bridesmaid Dresses
Alfred Angelo Bridal Dresses
Allure Bridal Dresses
Bonny Bridal Dresses
Casablanca Bridal Dresses
DaVinci Bridal Dresses

Cris said...

I have a print that is from an original of Lucile geiser. It is not signed. It is a 8x10 of the fishing boat "Lucile G". It was donated to our church. Can you tell anything about it. Is it of value. I love it!....cris